Viewing Topic : How do you feel about most top grossing games being FREE?
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 11:19pm

jedidoctor20

I've been checking out the TOP GROSSING often and it seems like for the first time ever freemium games are dominating. How do you guys feel about this and the way the App Store is going? DO you prefer downloading a game without having to put money down and first but then needing to spend later, or just pay up front and enjoy?
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 12:07am

CommanderShawny

The sooner freemium dies, the better. I preferred the day when we paid once for an app and never had to pay again to enjoy the full experience.
Posted: March 16th 2013 at 2:13am

a3dworld

I don't have a problem with that. I like being able to play games for free and have the choice to pay in-app for features if I want. It beats paying for the game and then paying again for in-app for extra features, which may be what replaces freemium if anything does.
Posted: March 21st 2013 at 4:43pm

Nytemare123

I don't have a problem with that. I like being able to play games for free and have the choice to pay in-app for features if I want. It beats paying for the game and then paying again for in-app for extra features, which may be what replaces freemium if anything does.
Posted: April 05th 2013 at 9:43pm

HungryNomi

I hate the fact that all the good games are buried under a bunch of twitchy pay2win treadmill games. Idiots keep buying into it and now the store is being flooded by lame little games where you can't advance unless you pay. Terrible.
Posted: April 11th 2013 at 1:17am

bluehedgehog

Meh. I'm making no risk in downloading a game for free as opposed to the BOATLOADS of garbage flooding the market with price tags. Maybe if so many crap games weren’t being made I'd ahve no problem.

Now I see why Nintendo was always tough on 3rd party developers (until the Wii that is).
Posted: April 17th 2013 at 1:46am

prepare4Lavos

The thing with the freemium model is that consumers are usually tricked into spending more than the app is worth. In other words, if you want to complete the game you mujst spend the money to meet your goal. Gamers spend $20 on in-game purchases when they could just sell you the complete game for $10 and still make a profit, but they won't because people are spending.
Posted: April 22nd 2013 at 9:59pm

ProudxKnight

Dead Trigger is a game that comes to mind about free/cash-shop games. It costs $1 to download, forces you to spend money once you hit a wall of progression, and in the end you end up spending more than what its worth.

Why can't they do what console games do and sell you the full game and then offer expansion/DLC in the future?
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 9:23pm

BuffLuigi

Freeium games are here to stay because they give you a taste of the game even if you won't get the full experience without spending money. That's the thing though; its up to us. People prefer downloading a free game and deciding if they want to continue or not via in-game purchases, whereas a full game with a price tag gives you no choice.
>