Viewing Topic : Any hints for someone that's about to start Final Fantasy IV?
Posted: March 15th 2013 at 1:47am

FF4life

Getting ready to give this game a go but I was wondering if someone had any must-know advice or tips to make my experience smooth yet enjoyable : )
Posted: March 21st 2013 at 1:59pm

Slurms

Keep your eye on overpowered elemental and non-elemental attacks. Elemental can be handled with a Cursed Ring and a piece of armor that halves elemental damage. You’ll be able to absorb that damage.

As for non-elemental, just try keeping your HP as high as possible.
Posted: April 08th 2013 at 10:33pm

timetraveler

What I did that was super helpful is cast slow on every boss. It wouldn't hurt to cast Bio as well...
Posted: April 17th 2013 at 12:05am

SuperRyu

Make sure you always complete the maps because the items are pretty much essential.
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 2:32pm

MaestroJefe

Save : )
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 10:45pm

bigNfanboy

To add to the “cast slow on every boss” comment above, cast haste on you if possible. When you combine Haste + Hastemarche + Berserk, bosses become easy mode.
Posted: May 09th 2013 at 6:48pm

a3dworld

I recommend giving Item Lore to the black mage twin (I can never remember which is which) because it will make using rods as items lethal, especially with Bluff. You'll want to give away three total augments to the twins (two on one and one on the other) and two to the rest, though the real value of some of the augments lies in their use for Stat Maxing.
Posted: May 10th 2013 at 11:54pm

IxAmxAlive

My advice is to avoid running away from a battle at all costs. Unless you're about to wipe, try to fight every battle you get into so that you can accumulate gold and XP with each one. Not doing so will lead to running into bosses you can't match.

That being said, don't be surprised if you have to grind. This is an oldschool RPG and so grinding is guaranteed if you want success. In other words, you won't defeat a boss by skipping fights and just flying through.
>