Viewing Topic : Can someone answer a few questions I have for Dragon Quest IX?
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 10:16pm

mariokartqueen

I just got this game and haven't been able to put it down! However, there's a few things that confuse me and so I came here to seek help, pretty please!

1: When using seeds that give attributes, do those attributes remain on that character regardless of vocation or do they only apply for your current vocation?

2: Is it just me or do certain enemies have randomized health?

3: Concerning skill trees that have certain bonuses such as +10 attack with swords, +20 attack with swords, do those bonuses stack? For example, if I get the milestone that gives +10 attack and then I get the one that gives +20 attack, will I end up with a total of +30 or +20?
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 1:25am

shiekahwarrior

I'll try my best!

1. They only apply to your current vocation. Try saving them up for later, although they don't make much of a difference unless applied in bulk.

2. I'm pretty sure they can have as much as 25% health difference. I'm positive I've killed Metal Slimes with 3HP instead of 4 and Liquid Metals with 7HP instead of 8.

3. They do stack. You'll eventually get +60 to swords and such.
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 7:25pm

sonicman

1) The seeds only apply to your character's current vocation. If you switch vocations, and switch back, the extra points disappear.

2) Actually, I'm pretty sure that monsters have a set HP. You saw your attacks doing different damage because of the damage formula.

3) The Bonuses do in fact stack.
Posted: March 15th 2013 at 8:27pm

snorlaxxx

The only monsters that with varying HP are monsters in the metal slime family.
Posted: April 04th 2013 at 4:21pm

jedidoctor20

No no no...monsters do have varying HP. I think it's closer to 5 or 10%, but there's definitely a slight variable.
Posted: April 13th 2013 at 12:27am

triforcegirl

All non-boss monster have 81-100% of the listed HP (round to nearest).
>