Viewing Topic : I am going to buy an Advanced Wars game; which one should it be?
Posted: March 21st 2013 at 2:07am

1shot1kill

Well, I may end up getting more lol but for now I want to play an AW game for DS since I only played the GBA one back in the day. I'll be grabbing a 3DS XL once it comes out and so I'll get the chance to play these (never had a DS).

So...Days of Ruin or Dual Strike?
Posted: April 08th 2013 at 10:28pm

timetraveler

I don't have every Warlord in the game yet but I'm sure Forretress and Yoshimoto are at the bottom of the list lol.
Posted: April 17th 2013 at 12:16am

SuperRyu

Dual Strike was much thicker in content but inferior in pretty much all other areas. Days of Ruin has less content but better gameplay, a more mature storyline, and a much better map creator.
Posted: April 19th 2013 at 5:04pm

nathandrake3

Dual Strike feels more like the original GBA games, if that matters to you. The art designs and that same light-heartedness is there, Days of Ruin features more realistic art design and darker feel.

Both are great though, especially if you're already a fan of AW action. I'd personally give the edge to Dual Strike, but DoR is a neat change of pace.
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 2:21am

iluvsamus

Wait, so you're saying DS2 didn't have broken difficulty curves? Each Septentrione was far harder than any other boss fight on a given day and all had foolish gimmicks that caused reliance on certain demons.
Posted: April 30th 2013 at 1:32am

IronGecko96

Dual Strike is better. I didn't finish either of them but DS was more fun imo.
Posted: May 03rd 2013 at 1:12am

OutlawMarston

Get both! They both do things differently, some better than others, and in the end are both worth playing. I think you can get them both for less than $20 ;)
Posted: May 10th 2013 at 11:45pm

IxAmxAlive

If you're only going to get one, make it Days of Ruin. I still play it frequently when I'm out and about and even though I've long ago S ranked every map (only about the 10th game I've ever "completed") I still get a kick out of vs. Mode with my fiancée and my friends or even when playing against AI opponents.
>