Viewing Topic : Is Chrono Trigger the masterpiece they say it is?
Posted: March 14th 2013 at 6:40pm

Nametaken

I'm too young to have been a gamer during the SNES and so I missed this one. I'm a huge fan of RPGs and particularly like the older ones before my time (FF6, Super Mario Bros RPG, Secret of Mana) and have been meaning to check this one out.

So, how is this legendary game for real?
Posted: March 15th 2013 at 8:30pm

snorlaxxx

It is hands down the greatest game ever. Get it asap if you even consider yourself an RPG fan.
Posted: March 20th 2013 at 6:34pm

timetraveler

This game is the definition of a masterpiece. Everyone will of course have their own personal greatest ever, but this one really is just that for me. The gameplay is excellently paced, the story is compelling, no characters are overdone or grossly cliche (an ever present plague on modern games), and the soundtrack alone is one of the best ever.
Posted: April 05th 2013 at 11:00pm

FunkyMonkey

Let me put it this way: Chrono Trigger is perfectly playable nearly two decades after its release whereas other older games become dated and become very unplayable. This game is very high quality and the dumb kids that say “it sucks, you're just using nostalgia” are fools.
Posted: April 16th 2013 at 2:06pm

TheCojiro

You have to completely hate RPGs or be a stupid graphics snob to not like this game. Trust me and the rest of us, it is very, very good. Play it asap!
Posted: April 19th 2013 at 4:54pm

nathandrake3

I have played this game more than a dozen times since the original SNES version and it just never loses its appeal. Its funny how I get bored of MW3 almost immediately because it's the same crap, over and over and yet this game never gets boring.

I LOVE THIS GAME!
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 4:38pm

crysismaster92

The music is amazing, the battle system keeps you on your toes, the world is gorgeous and enticing, and the pacing is just right. Its such a perfect game that I really think its one of the best projects ever created.
Posted: May 07th 2013 at 10:22pm

FalconPuncher

A fun game worth giving a go if you're an RPG fan. Not necessarily an “omg best game evar!” guy myself but it is certainly a good game even today.
Posted: May 09th 2013 at 6:49pm

a3dworld

A simple and amazing JRPG with a captivating storyline, memorable characters, engaging gameplay, and tons of things to do (like a dozen endings!). Should you try this game out? UNDOUBTEDLY.
>