Viewing Topic : Is Devil Survivor 2 harder than the first one?
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 5:54pm

pancakes007

I started playing this game and it immediately feels harder. The first bosses are quite the challenge, but I somehow beat most of them after only a few tries. Does this game keep getting harder? Also, how's the final boss? I heard its near impossible ; )
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 7:35pm

sonicman

Even if you don't exploit some overpowered skills to drop the difficulty, its still not too bad. Evil flow is one of the game breakers you can use to out-range bosses and make them a cake walk.
Posted: March 16th 2013 at 1:19am

0AntiSquirrel0

There area number of difficulty spikes, but mostly this game isn't too hard. Even something like the Mizar fight becomes easy-mode when you make use of Evil wave+Kishin.
Posted: April 04th 2013 at 11:36pm

istinkatgames

Like all good Strategy-RPG's, you must adapt specifically to what you are facing. This often isn't necessary in most modern RPGs : p
Posted: April 16th 2013 at 1:53pm

TheCojiro

Hate to say it buddy but this is the easiest SMT game I have played. I didn't do free battles and most battles still gave me no trouble. I will say this though; making a strategic mistake gets you to the game over screen quickly.

This actually is the second easiest game in the entire Megami Tensei franchise, being only a little harder than Persona 1.
Posted: April 19th 2013 at 5:16pm

nathandrake3

What I do is spam the element that the head demon is weakest to(or the majority are weakest) and work from there. When it came to bosses, I got lucky a few times but planning ahead is really the key.
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 10:54pm

bigNfanboy

I completed this game recently and there's no doubt in my mind that it was way easier than the first one. All it takes to realize this is by reading what some of the new skills do. I already suspected it would be easier when I saw the moneybags skill, and I laughed at how broken Evil Flow was. My experience might be a little different from most people's though since I never do free battles in these games.

As for the final boss, he's annoying but not impossible. You need physical resistance on all your characters to have a chance against his third phase, but they never warn you about this so you're basically meant to lose your first try.
Posted: May 03rd 2013 at 12:57am

OutlawMarston

Quite a number of bosses are ridiculous if you don't know what you are doing, and relatively easy if you do. There were only two bosses that I found difficult no matter what I did.
>