Viewing Topic : Is the FF3 remake worth checking out?
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 5:15pm

apikachugirl

FIRST POST! I'm looking for a meaty, fun, story-driven RPG and this one looks good. So, yay or nay? Also, is it harder than FF4? ^_^
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 7:28pm

asianbatman

Its not necessarily harder, you just have to grind out levels. It takes more than 35 hours for the average player to complete the first time around and 25 to 30 of those are spent just grinding out levels and building up funds to purchase stuff.
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 9:23pm

miyamoto4prsdt

Definitely get it! One of the best FF games available : D
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 9:23pm

miyamoto4prsdt

Definitely get it! One of the best FF games available : D
Posted: March 14th 2013 at 3:55pm

legendoftyler

I would totally recommend getting FF III, and not just because you can probably get it for cheap now. I had never played any FF games before FF III and I found it to be a great introductory game to the series. If RPGs are your thing, I have no doubt that you would love this game as much as me ^_^
Posted: March 15th 2013 at 1:52am

FF4life

I'll just say that this is definitely not a game you can fly through easily, but not insane enough to be impossible. In other words, play another RPG if you are looking for a story-driven game that's also pretty easy.
Posted: March 23rd 2013 at 12:07am

pokeparadox

Actually, I disagree that FFIII is a good introduction RPG since ou're pretty much left on your own when it comes to jobs. For instannce, if you pick the wrong jobs you'll probably waste loads of time by getting offed halfway through a dungeon or worse, by the boss at the end of one. FF4 is a better intro RPG since you can't really mess up characters there and you can often save right before a boss fight.
Posted: April 09th 2013 at 8:41pm

FeedTheMoo

From someone who usually hates turn based games, I love this one! I don't regret buying it one bit.
Posted: April 16th 2013 at 11:53pm

SuperRyu

The lack of story and character development may be a turn off if you're looking for a good story to accompany the game. Also the job system is good but the battle system is pretty old school.You pick your move and each character attacks depending on their speed. So if you're down for dungeon crawling (can't save in a dungeon BTW) then check it out. If not, skip it and play FF4.
Posted: May 09th 2013 at 6:32pm

a3dworld

I hate this game actually. Despite being a freaken remake, they failed to improve the flaws in the gameplay and instead just focused on grpahics.. The gameplay is an outdated, archaic grind fest where you spend 95% of the game grinding for your job or level. I really had to force myself through it.

The only good thing about this game is that it paves the way for Final Fantasy IV and V. You want a good remake? Play Final Fantasy IV for the DS. Now that's a good RPG.
>