Viewing Topic : So why did they end up making Golden Sun: Dark Dawn so easy?
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 1:29am

istinkatgames

Don't get me wrong! I am enjoying this game, but its definitely true that this game poses almost no challenge whatsoever. Why couldn't they have added several difficulty settings or something?

Any suggestions on spicing up this game and making it more interesting?
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 5:03pm

pinkpuffball

The devs said that this game is first and foremost about the synergy and physics puzzles. In that sense, they were almost completely successful. Really though, they should have made the game less of a cake walk though.
Posted: March 14th 2013 at 3:54pm

legendoftyler

Want a challenge? Don't revive anyone and only use weak healing items-spells.
Posted: March 18th 2013 at 8:28pm

smashbrosKING

Try doing a single character playthrough or avoid using djinn/summons. If you get creative you can find ways to make the game hard. I personally prefer using only Rief for the ultimate challenge.
Posted: April 05th 2013 at 10:53pm

FunkyMonkey

An adept-type-djinn only, mundane-equipment only (minusstory-required stuff), must use Rief in the active party run? Would that help with difficulty? ; )
Posted: April 16th 2013 at 1:51pm

TheCojiro

You're not alone. The lack of challenge is a wide-spread complaint with this game for a lot of people.
Posted: April 19th 2013 at 2:09am

mooglemuffins

What people fail to realize is that the pacing is what makes the game too easy. In other words, you are always more powerful than necessary when you get to a new area/boss. To see what I mean, start a game where you pretty much skip every optional djinn except those forced on you do you get to use. You'll surprisingly find yourself grinding.
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 5:01pm

crysismaster92

Agreed, Djinn are the massive deciding factor in how hard the game is. If you skip them all together, the game soars in difficulty. In late 20s early 30s, Karis is still one-shot by the ice queen.
Posted: May 07th 2013 at 10:07pm

FalconPuncher

*sigh* What I want is:

Battle Arena back
Hard Mode
No PONRS

With those the game goes from garbage to awesome-sauce!
>