Viewing Topic : Any tips for spicing up my Skyrim adventure?
Posted: March 22nd 2013 at 3:53pm

codbeast99

I'm about 35 hours in and for the past 10 gameplay hours it's been nothing but riding my horse around the world, discovering new locations, and clearing places. It's all getting tedious and boring...

Should I follow the main story or maybe a guild quest line? I've mostly been exploring and stuff, which is what they say the Elder Scroll games are awesome for, but it's not working for me. I'm just getting tired of doing nothing but travel and fight.
Posted: April 08th 2013 at 5:18pm

ronaldo764

It may just not be your kind of game. I'm 75 hours in and still completely captivated by it ; )
Posted: April 12th 2013 at 10:37pm

shotgunspree

I felt the same way after playing 80 hours in 8 days. The game is great but it does get repetitive if you're not following the story. Maybe take a break for a few days? It's what I did : p
Posted: April 18th 2013 at 2:14pm

caramelmushroom

I'm played for maybe 20 hours and am absolutely engrossed by this game. I occasionally stray away from the main quest but it's what I mostly do. I can see why you'd get bored though since just running around exploring can get dull after a while. Like others said, take a break and then hit the main story when you come back : D
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 6:51pm

Horde4ever

The fun is in the quests! Exploring is ok but if there's no narrative carrot on a stick, it sucks.
Posted: April 28th 2013 at 1:39am

truegreywarden

Something no one has mentioned is maybe making your character a hybrid class. It's what I did so that I could try different things and not get bored. You’ll have a ton more options at your disposal than if you just focus on say melee combat, which will keep things fresh!
Posted: May 01st 2013 at 3:21pm

RainbowCruise

Have you tried role playing? I know it sounds weird/nerdy but games like these were made for you to create your own stories and goals while playing! Give those stories a touch of your own flavor so that it truly is your own unique adventure ;)
Posted: May 04th 2013 at 9:09pm

captnfalcon123

I picked it up, played it for a few hours, and never went back again. NOt my kind of game; maybe it just took a lot longer for you to realize the same :p
Posted: May 07th 2013 at 11:45pm

CyberWylf

What I found is that you really just have to be in the right mindset to enjoy a game like this. If you just played Bioshock or another linear narrative-driven game and want more of the same, you will hate Skyrim. HOwever, if you're in the mood for taking the time to explore and become immersed in a massive world, then you'll have fun.

As for the OP, I'd say just hop back onto the main story if you're tired of just running around.
>