Viewing Topic : So how is Civilization 5?
Posted: March 15th 2013 at 8:51pm

BigDaddy

I know it's been out for like a year now but I still haven't checked it out. Is it better than Civilization 4?
Posted: March 18th 2013 at 3:38pm

LeahTard

It's not significantly better than C4 if that's what you're asking ; )
Posted: April 02nd 2013 at 12:48am

BananaSlug

First off, the culture/policies are a significant improvement from the rest. Having smaller armies seems to make the experience more rewarding. Not being able to stack units is great as well...ww2 for example wasn't all fought at the east side of berlin (lol). Plus, it adds for more strategy.
Posted: April 09th 2013 at 11:19pm

miyamoto4prsdt

City states are pretty awesome make a big difference sometimes, and they all focus on different aspects. Being unable to attach a general to a unit is kind of bothersome. The added city bombardment is awesome; even though an army marchess from a city, the walls are still guarded so to speak. Although being able to move land units across bodies of water is neat at first, the lack of a transport boat is annoying. It would be cool to be able to use them for added protection from naval units.
Posted: April 13th 2013 at 10:29pm

CoDrulz

I liked it. The expanded resource requirements and their limited availability significantly add to the game. The AI in terms of diplomacy is very much improved, and being able to hurry production with gold from the start is a much-loved addition. I'm not sure if the change in barbarians is a good or bad thing since I miss being able to capture their cities.
Posted: April 18th 2013 at 2:13pm

caramelmushroom

Like already mentioned, the fact that Civ 5 isn't necessarily all about massing tons of units is what makes it appealing. The inability to stack means that you actually have to consider your battles instead of just charging in with a ton of units.
Posted: April 23rd 2013 at 8:25pm

1shot1kill

Try the demo and see for yourself if you like it : )
>