Viewing Topic : So what's so great about Minecraft?
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 11:23pm

Pillz4Bill

Besides the fact that everyone thinks “graphics aren't important” even though this game does look VERY bad, why do people love it so much? It looks boring : p
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 4:20pm

ElWaffle

It's what every gamer that was once a Lego fanatic has dreamed of! Who cares if it looks bad, you can build whatever you want! Castles, forests, underground cities...anything!
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 5:13pm

ProdigySnipr

It's a cheap yet addictive alternative to having to pay $60 for games we've already played (yea, I'm talking about you Call of Duty). It's just plain fun and isn't full of 11 year old kids cussing at you over the mic or anything.
Posted: March 16th 2013 at 1:43am

RaiderOfTombs

I hate when people judge a game by its visuals. Since when have games sucked if they looked bad? There are tons of classic games that by today's standards look terrible but are stiff MUCH better than most of the LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THIS LOOKS games of today.
Posted: March 21st 2013 at 1:20am

KrazyKrogan

For me, it's just a relaxing time killer. Sometimes I don't feel like playing a game with a deep narrative or competitive multiplayer. It's kind of like Tetris; you just play for fun ; )
Posted: April 05th 2013 at 11:46pm

ElToroFuerte

Minecraft is a prettysimple game at first. There are no objectives as such. However, you can build basically whatever you want. The fun you'll experience with the game is in proportion to your creative ideas and ability to implement them. It can be very addictive and fun when the ideas are flowing, or relaxing when you just want to explore, mine, fight, etc.

The graphics are also simple, but not terrible. They are appealing and you get used to them, and you can download new skins if you do get tired of the same look.
Posted: April 12th 2013 at 7:26pm

convenantkiller

What's funny is my favorite games right now are Skyrim and Minecraft. You'd think they were polar opposites seeing as just about everything about the two is different. However, I love exploring...and both games let me do that. What's great about Minecraft is that the world is infinite; every time you walk somewhere, "more" of the world loads. You can go on forever!
Posted: April 18th 2013 at 2:18pm

caramelmushroom

I like Mining for that reason. Since the world generates new landscapes all the time every cave I find is unique and interesting. But with most regular games, once you've explored a place and know it, it gets boring to return there.
Posted: April 23rd 2013 at 8:25pm

1shot1kill

As most already stated, people love it because it is endlessly reconfigurable and thus you can build almost anything. The redstone circuitry allows for simulated calculators and computers, and it is written in java so its relatively easy to modify. The genious of Minecraft is that it challenges you to think.
Posted: May 03rd 2013 at 10:46pm

istinkatgames

Why do I love Minecraft? It lets my imagination run free and wild, which is something most games don't let you do today.
>