Viewing Topic : Why'd they make Total War: Shogun 2 so darn difficult?
Posted: March 18th 2013 at 3:28pm

LeahTard

Having been destroyed in less than an hour on several occasions, I came to the conclusion that this game is frustratingly hard! I'm enjoying it, but it seems like I either just suck or this game was made to be very challenging. Any tips our thoughts? Or maybe just talk about your experience.
Posted: March 22nd 2013 at 1:50am

WouldUKindly

It's all about MOnks + Assassins. Trust me -_^
Posted: April 05th 2013 at 11:56pm

ElToroFuerte

I'm not going to lie, it is far more difficult than any previous TW game in terms of campaign. Just keep playing and eventually you'll be satisfied once you start kicking butt!
Posted: April 12th 2013 at 10:46pm

shotgunspree

I don't know what difficulty you play on but on Very Hard the AI swarms you like a ferocious pack of wolves as soon as it senses that you are in trouble. So a tip is to not be so aggressive and try defending in the castle. Going for provinces will get you killed if you're not prepared.
Posted: April 19th 2013 at 10:47pm

Phillyy25

As Shimaza, try to monopolize the trade nodes. I have them all now, own Kyushu and just destroyed the Chiba-whatchamacallits. However, I am having to suppress some food shortage rebellions after over-developing. Don't develop markets or you castles unless you have your farms totally maxed out in development, meaning you have to be to the epic level of development on the Chi tree. I'm 3/4 down the Chi tree and my farms are built up as far as they can be, yet building markets and castles have torpedoed me.
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 6:25pm

Horde4ever

I'm not very good at these kinds of games (though I still enjoy them), so try lowering the difficulty. The game at least on normal is very easy to win. It seems that the AI just gets bigger production numbers on higher difficulties and can easily steam roll you, plus logical Diplomacy rules and concepts go out the window.
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 4:16pm

xenosagagirl

I’m not going to lie, the AI whoops my butt often and hard. IT was made to be more challenging, which in my opinion makes it more fun.
fun playing with a buddy ^_^
Posted: May 08th 2013 at 6:05pm

PlasmaSnake

Not sure why people are surprised that it's hard when the first game was also pretty intense. I remember getting my butt kicked then too, and my assassin's always failed lol
>