Viewing Topic : Do the Resistance games stand up to other shooters?
Posted: March 20th 2013 at 8:35pm

uruborozzz

I'm a big shooter gamer and already own most of the big name FPS on my Xbox 360. However, I just moved in with a buddy that has a PS3 and am thinking of picking up the Resistance games for him (and by HIM I mean for me lol).

Are they pretty good compared to Halo, CoD, BF, etc or are they simply oversold because they're a PS3 exclusive series?
Posted: April 04th 2013 at 2:21pm

IceTitan

The Resistance series has brought me plenty of entertainment throughout the years and so I certainly recommend it.. The first Resistance: Fall of Man was sad and creepy, and the multiplayer was just average. It had an awesome story line and scary moments, but I think multiplayer was where it fell short. Then Resistance 2 came out and the multiplayer was OUTSTANDING!!! Resistance 2 was not quite as scary/depressing as its predecessor, but the controls, visuals, and pacing were all way better. Then Resistance 3 pushed everything forward and is an improvement in just about every way.
Posted: April 10th 2013 at 2:55pm

truegreywarden

Definitely check them out if you're interested in the multiplayer and not so much single player. The campaigns aren't bad but the stories aren't really too captivating, whereas the multiplayer is awesome in R2 and R3.
Posted: April 15th 2013 at 2:38pm

simonbelmont

If you're going to get one, at least get Resistance 3. It is in my opinion the best of the series with awesom graphics, a good story, and sold controls. The campaign is also lengthy and takes at least a dozen hours to complete, but you'll be spending your time in multiplayer. That's where the fun is!
Posted: April 20th 2013 at 1:27am

latinogodfather

They easily compare and in many way surpass the monotony that is CoD and Halo! The multiplayer is far better and skill-requiring.

Also, maybe its my nostalgia goggles talking but definitely get Resistance 1!
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 3:20pm

iwishiwasajedi

You should definitely check them out if you're an FPS fan. The games don't really do anything new or innovative but they still provide a good experience. Everyone says the multiplayer is the way to go and you should ignore the campaign...but I personally loved the storyline. It's not as bad as they say : p
>