Viewing Topic : They say Sonic Colors is the Sonic game that finally was good...
Posted: April 15th 2013 at 8:35pm

captnfalcon123

But who else thinks its actually kind of mediocre at best? I hear praise and all that but I'm still wondering if this game truly brought Sonic back to the "glory days"?
Posted: April 20th 2013 at 9:52pm

alwayszergrush

I'd agree, its decent but not as awesome as I had hoped. Some of the wisp gimmicks are unresponsive and hard to control, such as frenzy. Most of the platforming is Sonic repetitively jumping from one platform to another in a slow pace waiting for something to use the homing attack on. Also, the double jump can hardly be called a double jump and the segments where you land on the spring over and over are monotonous.
Posted: April 25th 2013 at 2:33am

gandalfsauce

My problem is that the automatic running portions(where you can switch from side to side) are lame. The enemies are easy to dodge and it gets repetitive. Its like I'm watching the game play itself...I wanted to play a game not watch a roller coaster ride lol
Posted: April 27th 2013 at 1:59am

Pillz4Bill

I guess all the critics appeared! I thought this game was great! Bad game design? Maybe you just stunk lol, Sonic is meant to go fast and fly through platforms and all that. This isn't SA2:B where you just hold forward for 90% of the time; this one takes some skill : p
Posted: April 29th 2013 at 3:07pm

LeagueForever

Of all the sonic games I've played this game has the weirdest jump. It's heavy and the double jump seems like a last-minute thing when developers realized how clunky the jump actually is.
Posted: May 02nd 2013 at 6:22pm

EscapeArtist

I'm also not a huge fan. The level design is horrible and you're either on an automated roller coaster ride or platforming. Its designed in a way to challenge the player but instead it just slows down the pace.

Also, the jumping physics are floaty and the only challenge the game provides is one of testing your tolerance for bad game design. There is absolutely no fun to be had in this game.
Posted: May 03rd 2013 at 4:08pm

prepare4Lavos

The jump/double jump may not being as fluid or responsive as I would've liked, but this is still the most enjoyable and less frustrating Sonic game in a while : D
Posted: May 10th 2013 at 6:22pm

carminemustdie

Sonic Generations is wayyy better. Quite possibly the first 3d Sonic game that nails everything right while also giving you an awesome boost of nostalgia if you've been a fan of the series (including all the recent awful ones!)
>