Viewing Topic : General tips for Bioshock Infinite's 1999 mode?
Posted: April 19th 2013 at 4:37pm

professorRAGE

About to take this crazy challenge on but want to do it right! I'm thinking of using Possession bombs, and a Charge Melee build with Vampire's embrace, Burning Halo etc. For weapons I'm using Heater and Heat Volley, at least when I get to them.

Thoughts?
Posted: April 23rd 2013 at 12:58am

carminemustdie

With patience and skill 1999 is not hard at all. I thought I was gonna have a hard time when I met my first handyman but it turned out to be a cakewalk.
Posted: April 23rd 2013 at 12:58am

carminemustdie

With patience and skill 1999 is not hard at all. I thought I was gonna have a hard time when I met my first handyman but it turned out to be a cakewalk.
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 8:03pm

koopainatux

Heavy use of Possession, Crows, and Shock Jockey got me through it. Definitely the best vigors to use.
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 3:15pm

CaptFalcon

Focus on upgrading your Health and Shield the most before going with Salts.

Also, the Crows upgrade is very awesome. Any enemies killed while getting attacked by crows leaves a trap that will cause others to get attacked. It makes enemies sitting ducks for you, which will be EXTREMELY helpful when you take on the Siren (lady comstock ghost).
Posted: April 26th 2013 at 10:09pm

g3nius

My advice on Siren, probably the hardest boss in the game is this: in the vault, stay inside the vault and snipe her from outside. from here the mobs won't attack you. you can also switch between Charge and Crows to keep the mobs busy while hammering away on the Siren.
Posted: April 29th 2013 at 8:00pm

timetraveler

I only beat it on hard mode but found that upgrading your weapons was a bit useless compared to upgrading vigors. Since you're always switching weapons it's not good to upgrade a particular weapon, but you always have vigors on you so upgrade those when you can. I personally like the damage-inflicting ones but most go for the crowd control (jockey and crow)
Posted: April 30th 2013 at 6:20pm

miyamoto4prsdt

I tried it but it was too frustrating an unfun. I'm all for challenge but having to sit in a corner hiding for 80% of every fight is not my idea of a good time lol.
Posted: May 02nd 2013 at 5:09pm

SuicidalB0bomb

To the OP: The Heater is trash man, use the shotgun instead. I mean, you'll be using alot of ammo and won't really get to pick what weapons to carry since you'll be grabbing whatever comes your way. Certainly the Sniper Rifle is the best since you can pick off enemies from a distance, while the RPG is also very good.

Also something great is using Undertow to push enemies off the platforms. Very useful!
Posted: May 08th 2013 at 1:49am

pacmanghost

it's been said before but PATIENCE! you cannot play the same in this mdoe as before. You ahve to take things slow and expect to die, maybe often
>