Viewing Topic : Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning vs Skyrim?
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 4:20pm

gearskeepturnin

So which one do you think provided the best and most epic experience? I ask because I'm planning on playing one of these soon since I missed them when they released but I can't decide which one.

Most say Skyrim but they also say that KoA is a really good game too. Can you guys help me decide? I'm sure there are others games that best match each other (are comparable) but let's stick to these two please : )
Posted: March 12th 2013 at 11:58pm

blingGriffin

Hey, another gears fanatic!

Well, whether you think one is better than the other all depends on your game preference, really. Skyrim is better if you like exploring vast and massive world while Amalur is more geared toward people that focus on combat and action. Both games are good for different reasons.
Posted: March 13th 2013 at 7:46pm

EstusAddict

Definitely KoA since the gameplay is actually playable/enjoyable. I hate the Elders Scrolls games; they're so overhyped by roleplaying geeks that it isn't even funny. I don't play games to wander around a virtual forest; I play games to experience decent combat/gameplay!
Posted: March 16th 2013 at 12:53am

CowboysGamer

Skyrim hands down. A bigger game with more quests to play and land to explore. You get to fight dragons! DRAGONS!
Posted: April 04th 2013 at 1:54am

OutlawMarston

Here's my two cents on both:

Skyrim: longer and eventually boring since spending 100 hours on it usually means that half the time you were walking.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: It was short and the storyline was goofy but the combat was great.
Posted: April 12th 2013 at 2:03am

TheHighwind

KoA since it won't glitch on you ever other time you play it : p
Posted: April 16th 2013 at 10:43pm

qualitybeverage

Reckoning has better gameplay/combat, is more challenging, and looks better graphically...whereas Skyrim has more intriguing quests, the story is more interesting, and the world is much larger.
Posted: April 18th 2013 at 3:26pm

mightyvader

Get them both! They're both different enough to be worth a playthrough ; )
Posted: April 23rd 2013 at 1:21am

carminemustdie

I personally loved Kingdoms of Amalur way more than Skyrim just because of the unique world it is set in. Skyrim is very traditional and unoriginal whereas KoA told a more refreshing story, even if it did last much shorter than Skyrim.

Don't believe the hype: KoA is as good if not better than Skyrim!
>