Viewing Topic : The original Mass Effect sure feels prehistoric now.
Posted: March 14th 2013 at 4:33pm

iwantPENG

After playing Mass effect 3 has anyone else gone back to play ME1? Holy crap, it is awful! The graphics, cover system, weapons, everything is just bad lol. It's amazing how much the series has improved; did ME1 really age so badly? I mean, I checked out Dead Space 1 after playing Dead Space 3 a week or two ago and DP1 doesn't feel that aged at all :p
Posted: March 20th 2013 at 8:15pm

MaestroJefe

Actually, it sucked when it first came out. All the other third person shooters at the time didn't feature as crappy cover-based gameplay as Mass Effect. The only reason people played it was for the story.
Posted: April 05th 2013 at 7:52pm

CrimsonOmen

Umm...but ME wasn't a third person shooter! It was more of an RPG with third-person mechanics. You were SUPPOSED to suck at aiming/shooting if your weapon wasn't leveled up. I'll admit that the cover system was terrible though but it was hardly necessary anyways.
Posted: April 12th 2013 at 4:49pm

SolidRaiden

I played ME1 a few weeks after beating ME2 and it certainly felt quite clunky but was still playable. The Mako on the other hand...oh jeez what a terrible vehicle lol.
Posted: April 16th 2013 at 10:28pm

qualitybeverage

The interface/menus were terrible, the combat was stale and goofy, the visuals weren't that great...yea, it has aged alot. In fact, I didn't really like it at first until everyone insisted I keep playing it for the story : p
Posted: April 18th 2013 at 3:26pm

mightyvader

Even the story wasn't that good. I'll don't understand how people didn't realize how bad ME1 was right from the get go.
Posted: April 20th 2013 at 6:53pm

trickster239

I played them in the order 2 then 3 then 1 and I've got to say, 1 is bad. Even the dialog is weird; I'm in the middle of an action-packed mission and I keep having to talk to people that aren't interesting. It also feels like my shooting is very gimped, but I guess I have to level it up to fix that.

The RPG elements kind of killed this game lol, but I guess its what most people enjoy about it.
Posted: April 24th 2013 at 3:54pm

GeminiSpartan

You guys can play it? It seems like it crashes or has a some bugs every few minutes XD
Posted: May 06th 2013 at 8:27pm

greyfox92

I still enjoy playing it and honestly still think it's the best Mass Effect of the three. The others went all Call of Duty with the shootin and crap. This one felt more like an RPG and the characters were interesting.
>