Follow these steps to complete the game in about 30 minutes:
1. Turn on all marker switches to up positions and symbols to green. At the clock tower, rotate the small wheel twice and the large wheel eight to set the clock to 2:40. Cross the bridge, and turn on the switch.
2. Return to the dock, and turn off the marker switch. Get the white page.
3. In the Library, look at the far right book on the middle shelf for the pattern for page 158.
4. Input the pattern on the door in the fireplace opening.
5. Save the game. Choose which ending to view, and deliver the appropriate page.
After completing the game, you will have been to D'ni, the place that you arrive in after using the green book in the library's fireplace. You will also notice that the floor is a mosaic, forming a picture of a man's face. That man is not Atrus, Sirrus, Achenar, or any other game character. The face belongs to Chuck Carter, who created a lot of the graphics for the game.