1.Customize your Character Make your Bomberman unique by obtaining any one of 50 unique costumes. For a really wild look you can mix and match costumes.
2. Know your Power-ups There are over 16 power-ups (and Power-Downs) in Bomberman ULTRA. Be sure to know what each one does.
3. Avoid Power-downs Avoid power-downs such as Slowdown, or Fire-Down. It is easy to just grab everything you see so be careful. On the other hand you can sometimes force your opponent to pick them up. 4. Trap your Opponents Learn how to trap you opponents by either luring them into a dead end or between 2 bombs (with the Bomb-Up power-up). Practice this technique in offline mode and you’ll be laying them to waste on online mode.
5. Patience At the start, take you time and methodically blow up blocks. Don’t rush a path straight to your opponent. Open up the area and gather power-ups 6. Customize your View Press R3 to change your viewing angle.
7. Avoid Blowing Yourself Up It sounds dumb but many players end up blowing themselves up. Always be conscious of where you lay your bombs and what sort of power-ups you have. If you have Fire-Up(s) make sure you know who big your blast is going to be.
8. Super Revenge On Super Revenge Mode, players who have died can come back to life by hitting the players from the sidelines. If this option is on, make sure to take advantage of it!
1. Chain Reaction Line up several bombs so when the first one explodes, nearby bombs also explode. This can take out unsuspecting enemies from far away!
2. Share the Sickness Got skulls and handoffs turned on? Did one of the skulls get you sick? Well, by all means go ahead and pass that sickness onto another player! Sharing is caring (and it weakens the competition)! 3. Punch Out We’ve all been trapped by bombs at one point or another. The bomb punch power-up isn’t just for offense; it’s actually a great defensive tool as well. If you’re trapped, just punch your way out of a jam.
4. Around the World Got the glove and want to reach out and touch someone? Pick up a bomb and throw it off the edge of the arena. It will appear on the other side and scare the bejeebus (and maybe even frag) someone on the other side!