Note: A keyboard is required. When starting the game, type gottatypefast! as the developer/publisher logos appear. Fighting sound effects while typing will confirm correct code entry. Typing of the Skullgirls is a mode inspired by games like The Typing of the Dead and works in Story, Arcade, Marie 300%, and Local Versus, but does not work online or in Tournament Mode or Training.
Skullgirls Encore is essentially a rerelease of Skullgirls but with a new publisher and several gameplay tweaks. To download Skullgirls Encore on PS3, do the following. Note: This only applies to those who already owned the original Skullgirls:
1. Check your PSN messages on your XMB.
2. You should have received an XMB message from “Skullgirls” with a link to a free voucher for Skullgirls Encore.
3. Click the link in the XMB message, which will redeem the voucher and take you to PlayStation Store to download Skullgirls Encore.
4. Be sure to also download the Squigly Character Unlock and Character Color Bundle DLC — both are free for a limited time!
5. After the download is complete, delete the current version of Skullgirls as it is no longer supported.
Squigly’s character DLC will be available for free download for three months after the release of Skullgirls Encore (2/11/2014). The Character Color DLC bundle will also be free for an undetermined time.